Set up as an NGO and upon registration with the Registrar of Society on the 24th February 2016 (PPM-025-14-24022016), GEM was promptly launched on the 7th March 2016. To date, GEM has more than 10,000 affiliate members, 24 corporate members and 15 committee members who are industry leaders, each with prolific achievements in their respective fields of work. With the spirit of Democratising Entrepreneurship.
GEM aims to achieve its mission by strategically aligning the various entrepreneurs’ communities and agencies be it public or private in Malaysia; with the ecosystems in the global marketplace.
- To build, promote and internationalise the Malaysian entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- To organise and host entrepreneurial events.
- To organise educational programs for entrepreneurs and youth aspiring to be entrepreneurs.
- To act as the connector between Malaysia and the rest of the world in relation to matters relating to entrepreneurship.
- To promote interest in entrepreneurship through education, the press, general literature, exhibitions, competitions, public lectures and such other means as may appear to be advantageous to the Association.
- To prepare, edit, print, publish, issue, acquire and circulate journals, directories, books, papers, periodicals, gazettes, circulars and other literary undertakings that relate to entrepreneurship.
- To establish and maintain relations and/or affiliations with bodies of other industries whether they have OBJECTIVES similar to the Association or not.